Valley Stream Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Representing Motorcycle Accident Victims in Long Island
Motorcyclists are especially vulnerable to serious injuries in a collision. Sadly, many motorists fail to safely share the road with motorcycles, making these accidents all too common. If you are a motorcyclist who has been injured in an accident caused by another driver’s negligence, you may be able to recover damages.
At Nass Roper & Levin, PC, we are committed to helping injured parties understand their legal options and obtain the compensation they need to cover all accident-related losses. Our Valley Stream motorcycle accident lawyers have over 45 years of collective experience and are ready to fight for you. We will thoroughly investigate your accident, prepare a robust case, and pursue the best possible recovery.
What Should I Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
When another vehicle collides with your motorcycle at high speed, there is a good chance you will need to go to a hospital, even if you were not wearing a helmet or other protective equipment. Do not hesitate to call for an ambulance and get emergency medical attention if you are seriously injured. If you do feel well enough to stay at the scene, there are certain actions you should take to protect your rights.
- Confirm everyone is okay. Once it is safe to do so, check on the other driver, any passengers, and any pedestrians that may have been harmed by the crash. Call 9-1-1 if anyone needs emergency help.
- Summon law enforcement. In New York, you must call the police if an accident results in $1,000 of property damage or if anyone is injured. You must stay at the scene until the police arrive. When they do, they will speak to each party about what happened and create an official statement.
- Keep quiet. Say as little as possible to the other driver. Do not imply the accident was your fault or that you were okay. Anything you say can and probably will be used against you, so stay quiet until the police arrive. Explain to the officer what happened, and keep to the objective facts.
- Take photographs and videos. Document the crash scene as much as possible. Make sure you get photos of your injuries, damage to your motorcycle, and any road conditions that may have contributed to the accident.
- Get contact information. You will need the name, phone number, address, license information, and insurance information of the other driver. Be sure to also get contact information from any witnesses, including vehicle passengers.
- Get a medical examination. You should always see a doctor as soon as you can after any vehicular accident, even if you do not think you suffered any serious injuries. A simple fall or blow to the head can trigger catastrophic injuries that may not be immediately obvious but require prompt treatment. Keep a copy of your doctor’s medical evaluation and follow all treatment advice.
- Get in touch with Nass Roper & Levin, PC. Do not make any statements or answer any questions if the other driver or their representatives reach out. Again, anything you say will almost certainly be used against you. Our Valley Stream motorcycle accident attorneys can manage these communications on your behalf and will get to immediate work on your case.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
When you are injured in a motorcycle accident that was not your fault, you can sue the negligent party for damages. Not all motorcycle accident lawsuits will ultimately go to court, as many claims are settled. We are always ready to go to trial if an acceptable settlement cannot be reached. Our Valley Stream motorcycle accident lawyers will fight to recover compensation for all applicable losses, including:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost wages and reductions in earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
You may be wondering if you can still recover compensation if the accident was partially your fault. In cases where it appears both the plaintiff and defendant may share the blame, the court will assign each party a percentage of fault. Your total damage award is reduced by your percentage of fault, so the more at fault you are, the less you can recover. For example, if your damages total $100,000 but the court determines you are 25% responsible for the motorcycle accident, you will only receive $75,000. We know how to strategically navigate cases involving shared fault and will always seek maximum recovery, no matter the circumstances.
What is the Statute of Limitations For a Motorcycle Accident Claim in New York?
In the state of New York, the statute of limitations for motorcycle accident claims is typically three years from the initial date of the incident. Should a motorcycle accident result in death, you will have two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to pursue a wrongful death claim. This means you have a limited time window to initiate legal proceedings. Waiting too long could result in the forfeiture of your right to seek compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, and other damages. Prompt action is key, and our team at Nass Roper & Levin, PC, is here to guide you through the process. We have a deep understanding of New York's legal intricacies, ensuring that you meet all deadlines and adhere to the necessary legal procedures.
Contact Our Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Valley Stream Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, don't wait to seek legal assistance. Contact Nass Roper & Levin, PC, today to schedule a consultation with our Valley Stream motorcycle accident lawyer. We are here to deliver you with the guidance and advocacy you need to navigate the legal process successfully.
Remember, time is of the essence in filing a motorcycle accident claim. By contacting us promptly, you ensure that your case is given the attention it deserves and take the first step toward securing the compensation you rightfully deserve. Trust us to be your reliable legal partner in pursuing justice and compensation after an accident. Your rights matter, and we are here to protect them.
Contact Nass Roper & Levin, PC today to get started with our Valley Stream motorcycle accident lawyers.
“Outstanding service and highly experienced. I would definitely recommend Nass Roper & Levin to anyone looking to get results and to be treated like family!” - Saquan T.
“From the first day that I spoke to them, I knew that they would be the best choice. They look out for their clients and want the best for them.” - Wascar G.
“They are a very thorough team and I definitely recommend them! If you want satisfying results this is the team to run with.” - Kim C.
“Without a doubt the easiest and fastest process I’ve ever seen with a lawyer. I will definitely recommend them to a friend!” - Phillip P.